We are currently seeking favorite recipes for our recipe pages.
Send recipes to
(Photos of the recipe can be included as an attachment in
Green Bean and Bacon Salad
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound French green beans, stems trimmed
- 1/4 pound thick-cut bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnut halves and pieces, toasted
- 1 handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Pinch sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
In a large pot of boiling salted water, blanch the green beans for 4 minutes, or until they are just crisp-tender. Drain the beans, transfer to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking, and drain well. Put the green beans in a mixing bowl.
In a large skillet, cook the bacon over moderate heat, until crispy. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Add the bacon to the green beans, along with the shallot, walnuts, and parsley.
In a mason jar, combine the mustard, water, sugar, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Drizzle in the oil, put the cap on, and shake vigorously to emulsify. If planning to eat the salad right away, pour the dressing over the green bean salad and serve. If taking on a picnic, put the salad in a sealable plastic container and pack the dressing separately until ready to serve.
Courtesy of Tyler Florence, FoodNetwork.com.