Skinnie Minnie Tortilla Soup
Serves 4 (generous portions)
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (14 oz) low fat or fat free chicken broth
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn with liquid
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- tortilla chips
- sour cream (optional as garnish)
1. Combine refried beans and chicken broth in 4 quart pot; mix until smooth.
2. Add chicken, corn, black beans, and salsa and bring to boil; lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup cheese and stir until melted.
4. Break 3 or 4 corn chips in bottom of bowl. Ladle soup over chips.
5. Top with some of remaining shredded cheese and/or a dollop of sour cream.
Courtesy of Pat Brannon